News and Announcements
Bantam evaluations cancelled for this evening (February 28th) at Lions Box!
Updated schedule will be posted as soon as available.
Apologize for the changes but the Lions Box is unsafe with the rain!
Lacrosse Parents, Managers and Coaches…
1. Teams CANNOT order custom jerseys – our logo/jerseys are “standard issue”.
2. In order to apply for a coaching position you MUST be sixteen years or older (not 16 in the calendar year).
3. In order to attend the reffing course and shot clock/ref for the season you MUST be 13 years of age (not 13 in the calendar year).
4. Multiple divisions are moving to a waitlist – do NOT wait to register your players as they may be disappointed if they do not get a spot in their division!
5. Keep watching the website and/or Facebook page for updates on evaluations and weather!
HOT OFF THE PRESSES – EVALUATIONS for FEBRUARY 26TH – 28TH!
Monday, FEBRUARY 26th, 5:30 – 7:30 at the Lions Box.
ALL MIDGETS TO ATTEND
Tuesday, FEBRUARY 27th, 5:30 – 6:30 at the Lions Box
BANTAMS A – L TO ATTEND
Tuesday, FEBRUARY 27TH, 6:30 – 7:30 at the Lions Box
BANTAMS M – Z TO ATTEND
Wednesday, FEBRUARY 28TH, 5:30 – 7:30 at Lions Box
ALL BANTAMS TO ATTEND FOR GAME PLAY EVALUATION.
That’s it for now. As always, updates are coming as available.
USED GEAR SALE!!!!
When: Sunday February 25th (tomorrow)
Where: Beban Park Social Center
1. Drop off all PRICED gear between 9:00 – 10:00 – we will not price for you. See a volunteer so we can record your name, items and prices.
2. Sale is between 10:30 – 12:00*
3. Pick up money and unsold gear between 12:00 – 12:30**
Cash sales only
*All prices must be negotiable.
If you want your item priced as “firm” you need to plan on staying and selling it yourself. Volunteers will negotiate and accept reasonable offers on your items.
Volunteers will NOT be argued with, complained at or disrespected!
All gear must be clean and in good used condition.
**Any unclaimed gear at 12:30 will be dropped off at one of Nanaimo’s finest thrift stores.
We will also be selling retired minor lacrosse jerseys for $5.00. NDLA does not make any money on this event – it is a service to our lacrosse families. Funds from jersey sales will cover the room rental.
ONE MORE CHANGE FOR THE WEEKEND.
In order to get all the midgets and bantams on the floor this weekend we have made the following modifications to the schedule for TOMORROW – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH at the CENTENNIAL BUILDING:
Alll players to attend 2:00 – 3:15
A – K attend 3:30 – 4:30
L – Z attend 4:30 – 5:30
*bantam players taking entry level reffing tomorrow can all attend in the “L – Z” group.
We realize this is short notice and kids are in reffing clinics, away for other sports and so on. Please just do you best to be in attendance.
There will be subsequent evaluations – we are doing our best to work around snow, ice and other obstacles.